As an instructor, you are contracting directly with Craft Resin Academy (Craft Resin Academy Ltd in the United Kingdom.
1. Instructor Obligations
As an instructor, you are responsible for all content that you post, including lectures, quizzes, coding exercises, practice tests, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page content, labs, assessments, and announcements ("Submitted Content").
You represent and warrant that:
- you will provide and maintain accurate account information;
- your Submitted Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party's intellectual property rights;
- you have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the services that you offer through your Submitted Content and use of the Services; and
- you will ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
You warrant that you will not:
- post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libellous content or information;
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user;
- use the Services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students;
- engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- frame or embed the Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the Services;
- impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person's account;
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or content; or
- abuse Craft Resin Academy resources, including support services.
2. License to Craft Resin Academy
Unless otherwise agreed (including within our Promotion Policy), you have the right to remove all or any portion of your Submitted Content from the Services at any time. Except as otherwise agreed, Craft Resin Academy right to sublicense the rights in this section will terminate with respect to new users 60 days after the Submitted Content's removal. However, (1) rights given to students before the Submitted Content's removal will continue in accordance with the terms of those licenses (including any grants of lifetime access) and (2) Craft Resin Academy right to use such Submitted Content for marketing purposes shall survive termination.
We may record and use all or any part of your Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant Craft Resin Academy permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, your Submitted Content, or Craft Resin Academy content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
3. Trust & Safety
3.1 Trust & Safety Policies
You agree to abide by Craft Resin Academy Trust & Safety, Restricted Topics policy, and other content quality standards or policies prescribed by Craft Resin Academy from time to time. You should check these policies periodically to ensure that you comply with any updates to them. You understand that your use of the Services is subject to Craft Resin Academy approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove content, suspend payouts, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- content falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience;
- an instructor engages in behaviour that might reflect unfavourably on Craft Resin Academy or bring Craft Resin Academy into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- an instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates Craft Resin Academy policies;
- an instructor uses the Services in a way that constitutes unfair competition, such as promotion of their off-site business in a way that violates Craft Resin Academy policies; or
- as determined by Craft Resin Academy in its sole discretion.
3.2 Relationship to Other Users
Instructors don't have a direct contractual relationship with students, so the only information you'll receive about students is what is provided to you through the Services. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on the Craft Resin Academy platform, and that you won't solicit additional personal data or store students' personal data outside the Craft Resin Academy platform. You agree to indemnify Craft Resin Academy against any claims arising from your use of students' personal data.
3.3 Anti-Piracy Efforts
We partner with anti-piracy vendors to help protect your content from unauthorized use. To enable this protection, you hereby appoint Craft Resin Academy and our anti-piracy vendors as your agents for the purpose of enforcing copyrights for each of your content, through notice and takedown processes and for other efforts to enforce those rights. You grant Craft Resin Academy and our anti-piracy vendors primary authority to file notices on your behalf to enforce your copyright interests.
You agree that Craft Resin Academy and our anti-piracy vendors will retain the above rights unless you revoke them by sending an email with the subject line: "Revoke Anti-Piracy Protection Rights" from the email address associated with your account. Any revocation of rights will be effective 48 hours after we receive it.
4.1 Price Setting
When creating Submitted Content available for purchase on Craft Resin Academy, you will be prompted to select a base price ("Base Price") for your Submitted Content from a list of available price tiers. Alternatively, you may choose to offer your Submitted Content for free. As a premium instructor, you will also be given the opportunity to participate in certain promotional programs under the terms of our Promotions Policy ("Promotional Programs").
If you do not opt to participate in any Promotional Programs, we will list your Submitted Content for the Base Price or the closest local. If you opt to participate in a Promotional Program, we may set a different discounted price or list price for your Submitted Content as described in the Promotions Policy.
You give us permission to share your Submitted Content for free with our employees, with selected partners, and in cases where we need to restore access to accounts who have previously purchased your Submitted Content. You understand that you will not receive compensation in these cases.
4.2 Transaction Taxes
If a student purchases a product or service in a country that requires Craft Resin Academy to remit national, state, or local sales or use taxes, value added taxes (VAT), or other similar transaction taxes ("Transaction Taxes"), under applicable law, we will collect and remit those Transaction Taxes to the competent tax authorities for those sales. We may increase the sale price at our discretion where we determine that such taxes may be due.
4.3 Promotional Programs
Craft Resin Academy offers several optional marketing programs (Promotional Programs) in which you can choose to participate, as detailed in our Promotional Policy. These programs can help increase your revenue potential on Craft Resin Academy by finding the optimal price point for your Submitted Content and offering them through subscriptions collections.
There is no up-front cost to participate in these programs, and you can modify your participation status at any time, though changes you make will not apply to currently active campaigns and certain programs may have additional requirements on termination.
5.1 Revenue Share
When a student purchases your Submitted Content, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount actually received by Craft Resin Academy from the student ("Gross Amount"). From this, we subtract any Transaction Taxes, any mobile platform fees applied to mobile provider checkout sales, a 3% service and processing fee for any non-mobile provider checkout sales, and any amounts paid to third parties in connection with the Promotional Programs to calculate the net amount of the sale ("Net Amount").
If you have not opted into any of Craft Resin Academy optional Promotional Programs, and except for sales through instructor-generated coupon codes or course referral links as described below, your revenue share will be 67% of the Net Amount less any applicable deductions, such as student refunds. If we change this payment rate, we will provide you 30 days notice using prominent means, such as via email or by posting a notice through our Services.
If you opt into any of the Promotional Programs, the relevant revenue share may be different and will be as specified in the Promotions Policy.
Craft Resin Academy makes all instructor payments in the British pound sterling
(GBP) regardless of the currency with which the sale was made. Craft Resin Academy is not responsible for your foreign currency conversion fees, wiring fees, or any other processing fees that you may incur.
5.2 Instructor Coupons and Course Referral Links
The Craft Resin Academy platform allows you to generate coupon codes and referral links to offer certain items of your Submitted Content to students at a discount, at Craft Resin Academy current price, or for free, as permitted within the Services. These coupon codes and referral links are subject to limits, and you may not sell them on third-party websites or otherwise offer them in exchange for compensation. Additional information and restrictions on these coupon codes and referral links are outlined in our Trust & Safety policies.
Where a student applies your coupon code or referral link at checkout, your revenue share will be 97% of the Net Amount less any applicable deductions, such as student refunds.
5.3 Receiving Payments
For us to pay you in a timely manner, you must own a PayPal, Payoneer, or a bank that offers services to the general public and businesses. We reserve the right to withhold payments or impose other penalties if we do not receive proper identifying information or tax documentation from you. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for any taxes on your income.
Depending on the applicable revenue share model, payment will be made within 30 days of the end of the month in which (a) we receive the fee for a course or (b) the relevant course consumption occurred.
As an instructor, you are responsible for determining whether you are eligible to be paid by the UK registered company. We reserve the right not to pay out funds in the event of identified fraud, violations of intellectual property rights, or other violations of the law.
If we cannot settle funds into your payment account after the period of time set forth by your state, country, or other government authority in its unclaimed property laws, we may process the funds due to you in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting those funds to the appropriate government authority as required by law.
If a student asks for a refund after we have paid the relevant instructor payment, we reserve the right to either (1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the instructor or (2) where no further payments are due to the instructor or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the instructor to refund any amounts refunded to students for the instructor's Submitted Content.
While you are a published instructor and subject to the requirements below, you may use our Craft Resin trademark where we authorize you to do so.
- only use the images of our trademark that we make available to you, as detailed in any guidelines we may publish;
- only use our trademark in connection with the promotion and sale of your Submitted Content available on Craft Resin Academy or your participation on Craft Resin Academy;
- immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- use our trademark in a misleading or disparaging way;
- use our trademark in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your Submitted Content or services; or
- use our trademark in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
7. Deleting Your Account
We'll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you before deleting your account. You understand that if students have previously enrolled in your Submitted Content, your name and that Submitted Content may remain accessible to those students after your account is deleted. If you need help or encounter difficulty deleting your account.
8. Miscellaneous Legal Terms
8.1 Updating These Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and Craft Resin Academy reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
Any version of these Terms in a language other than English is provided for convenience and you understand and agree that the English language will control if there is any conflict.
8.3 Relationship Between Us
You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of these Terms: Sections 2 (License to Craft Resin Academy), 3.3 (Relationship to Other Users), 5.3 (Receiving Payments), 5.4 (Refunds), 7 (Deleting Your Account), and 8 (Miscellaneous Legal Terms).